In order to make sure that you make time to get outside, make a plan in advance. Take one evening with your family and plan out some adventures for the next few weeks. Write those dates on your family calendar so everyone remembers your plans!
Here are some ideas to get you started on your outdoor resolutions this winter:
- Visit a public property such as Sheep Pasture, DCR properties, or other outdoor areas right after a light snow to see if you can find and identify animal tracks around the trails
- Go ice skating
- Make birdfeeders and hang them outside on trees around the yard. Watch to identify the different birds that come to eat.
- Try snowshoeing
- Take your dog for a walk in the snow
- Go sledding
- Bundle up and have an outdoor winter picnic
- Go for a walk in the woods and have each family member take 5 photos along the way. Share pictures when you return home.
- Visit the animals at Sheep Pasture
Once you get started planning outdoor fun, you will find that you will want to have more and more adventures outside. This is one resolution you'll want to keep throughout the year!