We’ve found a fun family activity for your New Year’s Eve party: create a time capsule! The project doesn’t have to be fancy, grab a shoebox and some old magazines and create your 2016 time capsule. Here are some ideas for what to include:
- Pictures of each family member
- A list of accomplishments and successes
- Current height and weight
- Favorite things. This list could get really long. Think of favorites such as food, sport, color, school class, song, movie, ice cream flavor, book, TV show, birthday present, best friend, etc.
- Most wonderful memory from this holiday season
- A small momento such as a small toy or other cherished keepsake
- Predictions for the coming year such as how much taller children thing they will grow or for adults, which two teams will make it to the Big Game!
Next New Year’s Eve, open your time capsule and relive all the wonderful memories and see how our predictions came out.