1. Cancel your newspaper subscription and read the news online instead (we bet you're already doing this one!).
2. Recycle — all the cool kids are doing it these days! Not sure what is recyclable? Check out this recycle chart. And make it easy for your family to recycle by keeping bins in convenient places.
3. With April 15th just around the corner, consider filing your taxes electronically to cut back on paper usage. Look into having your tax forms emailed to you instead of mailed as well.
4. Take your own mug to the coffee shop — some shops will even give you a discount for bringing your own cup.
5. Get the junk out of your trunk (literally!) — extra weight in your car decreases fuel efficiency.
6. Buying something new? Think about having a yard sale, or visiting one, before heading out to buy something new.
7. Take the stairs instead of the elevator (great for the environment and your health).
8. Buy used or e-books instead of new.
9. Pay your bills online (and opt for paperless billing) to reduce paper usage and postage costs.
10. Make it a habit to carry a reusable water bottle instead of buying bottled water. Buy one with a built-in filter to avoid tap water if that's important to you.
These are just 10 simple changes you can make that can add up to a big difference. If you already do some of these, awesome! Maybe take the challenge of adding another green change to your lifestyle, let us know how it goes!